Monday, February 8, 2016

Fabulous at 50 - Modern Glamour by Flower Mound Photographer Lisa McNiel

Remember when you were little and you pictured what an "old" woman looked like? She would have  a little white bun on top of her head, spectacles, false teeth, a cane, and be at least 50. You grow up and realize you were picturing someone in their 80s or 90s, and it's a relief when you feel great at 50. Val just celebrated her big day with a trip to California, a weekend away from her many responsibilities as wife and mother of two, and stylist at Sola Salons in Highland Village. She came in with friend, Lisa, from yesterday's blog and they giggled like school girls. :)  Here's her interview:

Follow me on pinterest here: lisalovespics 
To see more photos from Flower Mound photographer Lisa McNiel, click Dallas-Photographer or follow a DFW-Senior-Photographer on Facebook.

What does beauty mean to you?
Society tells us that it’s a person’s outward appearance that makes a person pretty but now that I’m older and wiser I know it’s a person’s inner beauty that makes them beautiful. 




When do you feel most “comfortable in your skin?”
When my hair is up in a ponytail, tank top and shorts on, ear buds in my ears listening to some good music and playing in the yard while I spend some time with Jesus. 


What do you like most about being a woman?
The POWER!!!! All the different hats that we wear. Who can say that they are a CEO of a household, a Nurse, an Accountant, a Chef, a Maid & can drive a carpool while they are multitasking on the phone making appointments. We have super powers that guys will never comprehend.





Tell me your story… 
I’m part yankee ( born and raised in Chicago), part southern ya’ll ( lived in Nashville for 16 years) and a proud TEXAN( going on 20 years)
I’m married to the most amazing guy. (18 years)We have 2 kids. Cole (15years) Campbell (13years) and my adorable furchild Max (8years)
I have been a Hairstylist going on 30 years. I have a studio in Solas Salons, Highland Village. I work with some amazing people but I have MY girls that I work with that surround me everyday. We do LIFE together. We couldn’t do what we do with out each other.



What do you think was the biggest turning point in your life?
I recently lost both of my parents to cancers that took their lives very quickly. It made me realize that our time here on Earth is so very short. We need to live our lives with passion and a purpose, and to never stop thanking God for each day that He gives us. The old cliché “don’t take things for granted” have a whole new meaning for me.


Please finish the statement. I am the person who…
Is dependable, trustworthy, hard working, honest, compassionate, moody, starbucks loving, shopaholic, sometimes has a potty mouth, sugar addict, God loving woman and a friend that you can always count on.

Tell me about a goal you are working on.
Oprah is saying that this is the year of her best body,  I’m saying that “2016 is the year of my best body”. I’m getting my mind, heart, soul & body in the best shape possible. Total health. (Spiritual too) 


Follow me on pinterest here: lisalovespics 


To see more photos from Flower Mound photographer Lisa McNiel, click Dallas-Photographer or follow a DFW-Senior-Photographer on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment