Saturday, February 6, 2016

Beautiful Grandmother by Flower Mound Photographer Lisa McNiel




* Hair and Makeup by Kelley Curry

Carol is my neighbor, and a constant reminder of how I could do better at cooking, entertaining, serving others and being connected. She and husband, John, do too much for me to remember or list here, but they are active in Flower Mound Methodist Church, are famous for their amazing Christmas decorations and fund-raising each Christmas, and are loved and amused by those who spend any time with them. Remarkably, Carol is 71 years old!

Her daughter, Jill, and granddaughter, Abby are featured in the past two blogs. I wish  you could hear her adorable Texas accent!

An interview with Carol: 

What does beauty mean to you?
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. When I look at God’s wonderful creations whether they are mountains, skies, nature, animals or people, they are all beautiful. A person is beautiful from the inside out, doesn’t matter his/her outward appearance. God gives us all individual qualities to make us beautiful.

When do you feel most “comfortable in your skin?”
I am most comfortable when I am helping others.

Follow me on pinterest here: lisalovespics 
To see more photos from Flower Mound photographer Lisa McNiel, click Dallas-Photographer or follow a DFW-Senior-Photographer on Facebook.


What do you like most about being a woman?
Being the wife of my high school sweetheart for 50 years, being blessed to be the mother of a son and daughter and sharing life with our children and grandchildren. I love that I need all of them in my life and that they need me, too.



Tell me your story…  I’m a born and raised Texas girl growing up in Oak Cliff and graduating from Kimball HS and later NTSU (now UNT). I taught 3rd grade until John and I started our family. He began his career with IBM in 1968 and we began our moving career in 1974. We were fortunate to live in 9 different homes all across the US. We wouldn’t take for our many friends and the experiences we’ve shared through our 50 years of marriage. We came back to Texas 20 years ago to be with our parents in their final years. Since that time, we’re so glad to be “back home” and now spend our time being very involved with our church family and planning for our new church sanctuary to be opening its doors in June. I love spending my time with the elderly. They are my passion and I learn so much from them. It’s rewarding to be an Angel Care Team Sister. What do you think was the biggest turning point in your life? It was definitely the birth of our first child, Jill. I always imagined what it would be like to be a mother, but there is no way to describe the instant and forever love you share when your children are born. And then to be blessed with our son Vance was God’s ultimate grace for us.


Please finish the statement. I am the person who…
always wants to solve everyone else’s problems and try my best to be a good listener.


Tell me about a goal you are working on.
I am trying to get stronger physically and mentally so that I can be around for many years to enjoy my family’s love and all our special times together.

Carol with daughter Jill and granddaughter Abby getting in touch with their inner "Angels."

Follow me on pinterest here: lisalovespics

To see more photos from Flower Mound photographer Lisa McNiel, click Dallas-Photographer or follow a DFW-Senior-Photographer on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment