Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Glamour for the Modern Woman by Flower Mound Photographer Lisa McNiel

Debbie was nominated by her friend and working buddy, Beverly, and I've learned that as "sister-friends" do, helped her through difficult experiences that pound into our heads how much we need each other.

Debbie and Beverly were a study in contrast and it was fun to watch them together. Debbie lived up to her red hair quickly firing off movements and expressions every time she heard the shutter click. She later told me she'd never had photographs like this taken, which thrilled me and made me wonder, "Why not?" 

Follow me on pinterest here: lisalovespics 
To see more photos from Flower Mound photographer Lisa McNiel, click Dallas-Photographer or follow a DFW-Senior-Photographer on Facebook.

Here's Debbie's interview and images:

What does beauty mean to you?
Confidence, when a person walks into a room and they have confidence in who they are, that is beautiful to me. A person that has compassion for others is the other thing that makes them beautiful inside and out.


When do you feel most “comfortable in your skin?”
Interesting question. I think when I am at my weekend getaway spot working outside and just enjoying nature is when I am free to just be me...

What do you like most about being a woman?
It can be a challenge to be a woman sometimes. We have so many roles that we fill. Mother, wife, companion, coworker, etc. I love being a woman and all of the things I have accomplished in life but the balance of work and home life can be tough. I work in the Oil and Gas business and it is a blast when you work with mostly men, and you earn their respect that you know the business, and they know they can trust you.


Tell me your story… 
I was married for 30 wonderful years before I lost my husband to cancer. I have 3 beautiful children and one most amazing grandson. Isaac spent the first two years of his life in the hospital. This little guy is my true hero and has my heart. I am starting a new chapter in my life and I have the strength and joy to do that. I have met one amazing man that fills my heart with joy and I am thankful that we have found each other. I am smiling...

What do you think was the biggest turning point in your life?
My parents passed away very young in their life and I still had a little sister that was only 13. I had to grow up fast and be there for her. It was hard losing them and we missed so many things that they were not a part of, but it made us both very strong women. I know that we can handle just about anything. I am so very close to my little sister and could not be any more proud to be her big sister.


Please finish the statement. I am the person who…
you can come to, to get things accomplished.


Tell me about a goal you are working on.
I am starting a new chapter in my life. So I do not have just one goal. I just want to live, be happy and smile a lot.

Follow me on pinterest here: lisalovespics 
To see more photos from Flower Mound photographer Lisa McNiel, click Dallas-Photographer or follow a DFW-Senior-Photographer on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment