Friday, February 12, 2016

Modern Glamour in the 40s - by Flower Mound Photographer Lisa McNiel



Angela taught my son in fourth grade years ago. All fresh, and beautiful, and smiling, I thought to myself when I met her, "All the little boys will have a crush on their teacher this year." I did her daughter's senior photos this year, and the blog of that gorgeous girl will be out soon. The story of Angela and Parvaneh's friendship since second grade through high school, college, and adulthood was wonderful to hear. It made me miss my own girlfriends and want a girls night out. :)

Follow me on pinterest here: lisalovespics 
To see more photos from Flower Mound photographer Lisa McNiel, click Dallas-Photographer or follow a DFW-Senior-Photographer on Facebook.

What does beauty mean to you? 
Beauty means being confident and strong, yet humble and grateful. It's believing in yourself and having faith in God. It comes from within and shines in the form of honesty, and being a good mom, wife, daughter and friend.


When do you feel most “comfortable in your skin?” I feel most comfortable in my skin..... Every day!! I couldn't have said that 10 years ago. You will usually find me running around in my workout clothes with my hair pulled up. Being mom and being casual is my every day. I keep it simple. Less is more! I have no desire to keep up with the latest greatest designer brands. That would be exhausting! What do you like most about being a woman? I like being a mom the most! Having children is by far the greatest gift a woman can receive.


Tell me your story…  I was born in Irving Texas in 1970. I have 2 amazing kids and 2 awesome step kids! My step kids, Phillip and Courtney, both play college sports currently. My daughter, Brooklyn, will be off to OSU in the Fall and my son, Rylan is in 7th grade. I taught elementary school for 17 years. I have taught kinder, 2nd, 3rd and 4th. I love watching children learn. I am currentÅ‚y a Pilates instructor at The Pilates Barre in Highland Village. I have always felt my calling was to teach others with the gifts that God gave me. It truly fulfills me every day.


What do you think was the biggest turning point in your life? The biggest turning point in my life was probably when I became a single mom around 2005. It was hard, really hard. But I learned so much about me, my faith in God and how strong I really was. I bonded so much more with my kids than I ever could have imagined. I learned that life is a blessing always , no matter the journey!


I am the person who ... Lives every day, is an open book, laughs at myself, loves to eat right and exercise, loves my family and friends, stays busy, doesn't make excuses and likes to be on time. ...Is social but love my alone time .....Doesn't need 20 friends, just 3/4 really close ones!

Angela brought in her best friend since 2nd grade,  Parvaneh
You can see her blog by clicking on the link, or scrolling to the last blog. :)


Tell me about a goal you are working on. I don't have a specific goal. I am always working on appreciating every day, staying in the moment , making memories and learning patience! In the future, I would love to take some fun dance classes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment