Friday, February 5, 2016

Southern, Girly Realtor mixes Head Shots with Glam by Flower Mound photographer Lisa McNiel



Rarely do I get an excuse to photograph one of my best girls in a legit session. Lisa C. is one of my absolute besties. I'm talking shared vacations, laughter, tears, secrets, memories kind of friends. 

When I started this "Real Women, Real Beauty" project, she nominated a friend to be one of the models, and her friend nominated her back.  They came in together, and it was... a party! The out-takes of them falling off their seats laughing were priceless.

Follow me on pinterest here: lisalovespics

To see more photos from Flower Mound photographer Lisa McNiel, click Dallas-Photographer or follow a DFW-Senior-Photographer on Facebook.


Here's Lisa's interview: 

What does beauty mean to you?

I think nothing is more beautiful than seeing a follower of Christ sharing the good word, caring and doing for others.  The faces of moms when they look at their babies even when they are all grown up especially my Mom’s face when she sees me after we have been apart for a while.  That look is sheer beauty!

When do you feel most “comfortable in your skin?”

When I am with the people I love the most, laughing, enjoying just being in the room or when I am sitting in the Sun with a beautiful view, praying and thanking God for His many blessings.


What do you like most about being a woman?

Most Everything!  The great shoe choices, fun nail colors, fashion options for days…etc.  Getting to be a daughter, sister, wife, mom, GiGi (what the grandchildren call her) and Christian sister.  

Actually, there are only a couple of things I don’t like…not being strong enough sometimes to get the jar lids off and …the long lines for “Women’s” public restroom vs the “Men’s” …the rest just trumps!!!


Tell me your story… 

I grew up in the South, (Tennessee) with lots of “Kinfolk” and colorful characters in my family ….so happy I got to enjoy all of that! I have one brother 10 years younger so he was like a live baby doll when he came along☺ Loving Parents that worked hard and put out a garden every year…they grew enough food to feed the whole county and gave a lot away.  Raised in a small town but couldn’t wait to get to the big city.  

Moved to Nashville and eventually met my hubby who due to his company, moved us to an even bigger place…Dallas!  Who knew I would ever leave Tennessee…that was just over 20 years ago. Texas has been so good to us, our church, our friends and our careers, (I am a Realtor and I Love it!)…we have been blessed here for sure. We travel home as much as we can as we are now grandparents to 3 wonderful kiddos.  I love being a GiGi…it’s the best!


 I do however miss being able to order Sweet Tea most anywhere.


What do you think was the biggest turning point in your life?

Moving to Texas and away from everyone except my husband and having to start life here. It made me draw closer to Christ, become stronger in my faith, more independent and more appreciative of my roots and family back home. It made me recognize what the power of prayer and faith could do.  It made me trust in the Lord that He would take care of us and He did!  


Please finish the statement. I am the person who…

Loves to love….

Loves to be in my PJ’s
Loves to snuggle with babies and fur babies
Loves to see my husband, family and friends happy but will be there in the tough times too!

Loves the Lord!

Tell me about a goal you are working on.

Balance in my life!


Follow me on pinterest here: lisalovespics

To see more photos from Flower Mound photographer Lisa McNiel, click Dallas-Photographer or follow a DFW-Senior-Photographer on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment