Friday, February 5, 2016

Modern Glam for any Age by Flower Mound Photographer Lisa McNiel



* Hair and Makeup by Kelley Curry

Jill Welke has been working for a cause since I first met her about 19 years ago. She produced the huge Dallas area "Make A Wish" fundraiser for years until her family moved to Flower Mound.  They met someone with Cystic Fibrosis and decided they wanted to help... Here's what they accomplished in 10 years:


SUMMARY:
·         2004 - Created the North Texas Wine Opener benefiting Cystic Fibrosis
·         10 year event
·         1st year event = $72,500 NET
·         10th year event = $416,500 NET
·         Total raised over 10 years = 2,010,500 NET
·         Expenses were kept at 4% each year

 TOTAL amount raised = $2,427,000 NET $
To find out more about how that came to be click CF Bid for a Cure.
And the celebration of their big 10 year event where you will see not only Jill, and husband, Eric, and children, Jay and Abby, but also her parents, John and Carol: 10 Year Celebration
Here is an interview with Jill:

What does beauty mean to you?
Faith, Integrity, Perseverance and Happiness
When do you feel most “comfortable in your skin?”
When I’m surrounded by family and TRUE friends
What do you like most about being a woman?
Being pampered by my husband, feeling loved by Jay and Abby


Follow me on pinterest here: lisalovespics

To see more photos from Flower Mound photographer Lisa McNiel, click Dallas-Photographer or follow a DFW-Senior-Photographer on Facebook.



Tell me your story…
Born in Dallas, TX
Moved 7 times before college
Loved all of our homes and my childhood, especially the 70’s!
I love to Give Back and Make a Difference…after all it’s God’s money, not ours
The CF North Texas Wine Opener was a great lesson for our family how to do for others, even when it does not affect our family directly
Never thought I could love our kids so much
Thankful that my parents are close by as well as our other relatives
Most Important – God, Eric, family



What do you think was the biggest turning point in your life?
Meeting Eric, falling in love with him, trusting him, marrying him!


Please finish the statement. I am the person who…
…Is never afraid to “make the ask.”  I’m not very nurturing, but I am trustworthy & willing to help in any way that I physically & mentally able to.  I love to entertain!

Jill with mom, Carol, and daughter, Abby!

Tell me about a goal you're working on...
To be more tactful with my communications – to do God’s will every minute of everyday!


Follow me on pinterest here: lisalovespics

To see more photos from Flower Mound photographer Lisa McNiel, click Dallas-Photographer or follow a DFW-Senior-Photographer on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment