Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Beautiful at any age by Flower Mound Photographer Lisa McNiel


If my glamour models for this project were not using my makeup artist, I asked them to send in their own "before" shots without makeup. I received an email from Beverly asking that I don't crop hers in too much, and of course, I said I wouldn't, and I then download her far-away photo including the ceiling and floor of a two-story room. My husband could hear me laughing from the other end of the house. You have to love a gal who wears beautiful clothing and jewelry and has a "model" pose for her before shot. I know you can't see the difference. I don't care. It's not about that. Just laugh and go along. ;)

Bev's daughter nominated her saying, "She's always looks fantastic and timeless, like a modern-day Lucille Ball." I couldn't agree more. Bev's style is polished and elegant, and my favorites of her are in the "white on white."

Follow me on pinterest here: lisalovespics 
To see more photos from Flower Mound photographer Lisa McNiel, click Dallas-Photographer or follow a DFW-Senior-Photographer on Facebook.


What does beauty mean to you?  Beauty is different to each person.  For me it is always looking my best no matter what I am doing.  It is watching my older granddaughters pray and worship, watching them lift their hands up in reverence to God.  It is watching my two small granddaughters have a tea party and do “pretend” games.  Those are just some small things that to me are beautiful.

When do you feel most “comfortable in your skin?”  I am most comfortable when I am around family, spending time with them cooking, eating, shopping or vacationing.

What do you like most about being a woman?  I love the challenge women face being a mom, wife, grandmother and working full time but being able to do it all.  Women have the unique ability to multi-task, think down the road and help keep everyone on task.  My husband calls that being bossy but I like to think I am keeping everyone on task. 



Tell me your story…   I grew up in rural Oklahoma, middle class working family, not much unique.  My story changed when I was 16 and my only sibling was killed in Vietnam and two years later on the exact same day my parents were both killed.  This pretty much threw me into adulthood at age 18 regardless of whether or not I was ready. You grow up very fast when forced to by life events.


Please finish the statement. I am the person who... wanted nothing more than to have a family after my family was killed and I am proud to say I have a great one.  I have two daughters, two sons and 8 wonderful grandkids.  


Tell me about a goal you are working on.  
My life has always been consumed by work, so my goal is to find a hobby that I can enjoy on the weekends or vacation time. 




Follow me on pinterest here: lisalovespics 
To see more photos from Flower Mound photographer Lisa McNiel, click Dallas-Photographer or follow a DFW-Senior-Photographer on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment