Saturday, February 17, 2018

Senior Pictures of a Drummer - by Flower Mound Photographer Lisa McNiel


What can I say about Jay? He is my neighbor of 20+ years grandson. I remember when he was born. He's always had that thick black hair. When I look at him, I see his grandpa, John, and his dad, Eric.

He's a phenomenal drummer, as you absolutely must be to be part of the Drum Corps at Marcus High School in Flower Mound.

Also, pretty sure he hates that photo below where he's holding his sticks toward the camera because he's more of a hang loose kind of guy - as much as you can "hang loose" when you are intellectually brilliant and obsessive about practicing drums.

Follow me on pinterest here: lisalovespics
To see more photos from senior photographer Lisa McNiel, click Dallas-Photographer or follow a DFW-Senior-Photographer on Facebook.



This photo below is his mom's favorite. So really... that's all that matters. Boys do Senior Pictures for their moms. And they should. Plus, one day they will look back and be grateful their moms made them.



I love all these in the suit. I just adore suits on guys. This picture below is my favorite, his mom - not so much! Haha! I love his expression, relaxed posture, the depth of field, the lighting - I would do that lighting almost every time if I could!







I love this! It's not perfect, but it's a real smile and that is a "win!"


We did the second half of Jay's senior pictures at and around his home. This is a neighbor's donkey and everyone agreed the little guy had to be in the album. I don't know why, but any time I can put a little donkey in a photo album, it's happening. His red pickup truck was important to remember, along with his attractive mom and dad (little sis was at Marquettes practice or volunteering)  He works in the back yard a lot, so his mom wanted the candid of him moving brush for a photo spot.


The bottom middle picture!!!!!!!!!


Once we have all the photos we need, boys tend to relax and you see personality come out even more, relaxing on a john deere tractor, an Oklahoma State University "guns up" Pokes sign in it's extreme, and a backlit black and white in front of their neighbor's fence.



If you ever get the chance, you should attend a drum concert at your local high school.


No comments:

Post a Comment