Coachella and other music festivals have become almost more famous for the outfits emerging from them as they are for the bands. In Austin, Texas the ACL Festival has grown to two weekends, 8 stages and over 130 bands.
I did a Festival Style shoot with five of my Senior Models and I'm including tips on how to turn up your Festival Fashion! My darling models for this shoot are Ashley Carter, Bentley Camp, Grace Goodwin, Julia O'Connell, and Graycen Bezney!
1. You do you. Your style augmented, taken up a notch. You don't need to copy a look you see on Pinterest or in a magazine. You can take your own look and add elements, colors, accessories to make it your own. Maybe you can imagine how you would have dressed in the 1960s and blend that idea into your own closet.
2. Pick one piece that makes a statement and build your look around it. Maybe it's a lace or patterned kimono, split palazzo pants, or a patchwork jumpsuit that you begin with and then add elements to.
3. Boho and Rock and Roll are the two looks you tend to see the most, but don't stop there. Add or take away something from what you've seen to make your own statement. This is a fun area of self expression.
4. You can layer on the headpieces, necklaces, and bracelets.
5. Find some fringe! Scarves, kimonos, bags, boots, jackets, fringe is all over and fun to swing around.
6. Footwear - ditch the flip flops. They're great for the beach, but boots and sandals are the way to go -as long as they're comfortable and weather appropriate.
7. Your mom said to tell you to bring a jacket. It gets cold at night!
Follow me on pinterest here: DallasPhotographer
To see more photos from senior photographer Lisa McNiel, click Dallas-Photographer or follow DFW-Senior-Photographer on Facebook or Senior Pictures on Instagram.