Saturday, May 6, 2017

Graduation Pictures for Guys - Alex McNiel By Dallas Senior Photographer Lisa McNiel




Who can explain how much you love your kids? How much you'll miss them when they leave home? How much you believe in them? And hope beyond hope that you have entrusted them with values that are truly important...

This is my youngest son, Alex McNiel. When he was 10 days old I held his tiny little body at Children's Hospital in Dallas and they told me they thought he had a malrotation of the bowel, and that the average length of life was 11 days. "Do you want to donate his organs to science?" I'll never forget that question.  He didn't have that life-threatening condition, he just had severe reflux which meant I cleaned up a lot of vomit, but I was used to that and could handle it.

As the youngest he was always working the humor angle. When he was three and vomited on the carpet, he looked up at me and said, "Carpet is evil." When he cut his own bangs, he said, "It's funny, mama!"

I can tell you that he's a loyal friend, good at Ultimate Frisbee, quiet in class but loud with his team mates, and a clever writer, and hilarious story-teller, but none of that tells you who he is... that takes a long time. He is a deep well, and can't be known or explained in a paragraph, And like John Ondrasik wrote in Two Bright Lights, "Like every son, he was an only one." I'm grateful I was trusted to raise him, that God gave him and his brother, sister, and dad to me for this journey, and I will treasure the photos of him that hang on my walls and in his album.

Follow me on pinterest here: lisalovespics 

To see more photos from senior photographer Lisa McNiel, click Dallas-Photographer or follow a DFW-Senior-Photographer on Facebook.











Just a tiny brag on my boy... Not only did he make the Top Ten category in almost every category for all-time records at Marcus despite being sidelined by a broken arm for half of his junior year...





He also made the "Starting Line" voted on by the three teams. These are the seven players you would want on the field if the game we're on the line. Two of the three teams voting were 2x Texas State Champions. 



Follow me on pinterest here: lisalovespics 

To see more photos from senior photographer Lisa McNiel, click Dallas-Photographer or follow a DFW-Senior-Photographer on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment