Sunday, January 8, 2017

Vintage 1950's Senior Model Styled Shoot by Flower Mound Photographer Lisa McNiel

One of the things I love about vintage photography is that you're reminded that the old girl you see at the grocery store is exactly that... a girl who has seen a lot of years. She still feels young inside though her body is limited. For a second, see her as who she is, beautiful, vibrant, full of life and stories and memories, fears and dreams. See her as a girl wearing the latest fashion, and hanging out with her friends by the lake with hula-hoops, feeding apples to horses, and eating watermelon.

When you see that old guy at Home Depot, know that his back wasn't always bent, see the "cool" in him, the strength and optimism, the wit and deep friendships, cruising town in his dad's slick 1955 Chevy.

These beautiful teenagers could be anyone's, but I feel like they're "mine." My son and his tribe. My youngest is a senior this year and although in my first year of doing a Senior Model Program, I wasn't planning to include boys, when it came up, how could I possibly resist?

I'm not going to say it was easy wrangling some of the Y chromosome group since they know I don't stay mad if they make me laugh, but we somehow had them all looking like 1950s teens out on a Summer day being goofy.

I will treasure all three of my children's senior portraits, but I'm glad I also got these pictures of Alex and his friends.

(Special thanks to neighbors Pete and Linda Conley for the use of their sweet, sweet, ride!)

Follow me on pinterest here: lisalovespics 
To see more photos from Flower Mound photographer Lisa McNiel, click Dallas-Photographer or follow a DFW-Senior-Photographer on Facebook.

 
 
 
 
 
 

 

 
 

 
 
 



Follow me on pinterest here: lisalovespics 
To see more photos from Flower Mound photographer Lisa McNiel, click Dallas-Photographer or follow a DFW-Senior-Photographer on Facebook.


No comments:

Post a Comment