Friday, July 12, 2013

Starbucks Frappuccino - for cheap!

Starbucks Frappucinos: $1.50 to $2.50 each
My Frappucinos in their bottles: $0.35-.40 each

Plus the big benefits of re-using the bottles which is better than recycling.  I never felt comfortable wasting those bottles.

And they are lower calorie and don't have preservatives.

Per Bottle:
1 cup skim milk
2 tablespoons creamer (I use Great Value Brand creme de brulee)
1 rounded teaspoon instant coffee (a good brand) dissolved into
2 tablespoons hot water
1 teaspoon sugar or equivalent of sweetner

I drink three of these a day, so I make nine at a time.  It doesn't take long at all.  I make them at night and put them high in the fridge so they are super cold.

Follow me on pinterest here: follow me

To see more photos from Flower Mound Photographer Lisa McNiel, me out at here for www.Lisa-Marie-Photography.com.

 
 Recycle the bottles you have or use mason jars.

Adjust the ingredients to your liking.
 
 For one dozen bottles, I use about 10-12 cups skim milk, four heaping tablespoons instant coffee, 1.5 cups hot water, 24 tablespoons refrigerated creamer, 3 packets of sweetener (or if sugar use more.)

 
 Two tablespoons creamer in each bottle of Milk, sweet cream flavor is really good.
 Two tablespoons water per bottle, for a dozen I used 1.5 cups heated for 2 minutes.
 Use your choice of sweetener, sugar, stevia, honey...


 After the ingredients are added to the water, it will make enough to put in about 2 tablespoons, plus 1 teaspoon of the coffee and sweetener mixture.

This helps me greatly in that I feel like I am conserving resources by reusing those great little bottles, I know what I am drinking and the preservatives are few to none, and I'm not spending $4.50 per day on coffee.

If you like pictures, I am a photographer... 

Follow me on pinterest here: follow me


To see more photos check me out at here for www.Lisa-Marie-Photography.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment