Friday, April 5, 2013

How to become the favorite child for a day.


How to become the favorite child for a day.

My sisters live near my parents.  They bring them food and have given them adorable great-grandchildren.  I call and drive the 6 hours when I can, but it is tough to compete with Martha, who has a lot of the creative side of Martha Stewart (without the stuffiness) and Super Susie, who can do no wrong… even in my book!

  But I can wield a camera and have a good enough understanding of light and photoshop to put together a decent image.  I wanted to take pictures of my dad’s fourth child.  The airplane that took up all the room in the garage when I was little, that he poured his creative energy into designing and flying.  His Racer!  His Experimental Aircraft.  It was a cold, bitter day after Christmas, and he had shingles, but he still pulled it out of the hangar.   

To see more photos from Flower Mound Photographer Lisa McNiel, me out at here for www.Lisa-Marie-Photography.com

How old do you think he is?

Scroll to the bottom to see.


Follow me on pinterest here: pinterest

In this photo he is 82 1/2

He knew I had taken them, but didn't know what they looked like until these three 10x20" metallic mounted images showed up at his door.  My parents loved me a little more that day. :-)
 
 The reflection of a Kansas sunset in a propeller just pushes all my sentimental buttons.


To see more photos check me out at here for www.Lisa-Marie-Photography.com


2 comments: