Saturday, March 10, 2018

What Clothes Should I Bring for Senior Pictures? - a guide to quickly changing up your look - Senior Pictures by Lisa McNiel



I had done Madison Hubert's older sister and brother's senior pictures, so when her mom called me to do Madison's, I knew we were going to have fun. Youngest children are often more playful and willing to try things, and I relate to them since I'm the baby of my family as well. Madison was a fast change artist with a great sense of style so if you like fashion, you'll like her blog. It's a lesson in how to have a variety of looks by bringing interchangeable clothes that are quick and easy to change into.

I love to learn more about my Seniors and Madison did not disappoint! These answers show her depth and thoughtfulness.

Favorite songs:
Ain’t no Mountain High Enough-By: The Complete Duets

Clair De Lune- By: Debussy

Landslide- By: Fleetwood Mac

Favorite physical feature:
My 4 freckles on either side of my lips
If you have least fave physical feature:
I used to be insecure about my 4 freckles , but I have learned to love them, because God made me in his perfect image and it makes me unique.
Favorite personality trait:
I always try my best to stay positive and bring happiness to everyone around me. Life is too short to live a negative day.
Activities and/or sports I'm involved in:
Student Council and Choir.
What I like to do in my free time:
I like to spend quality time with my family and friends.
Favorite quote:
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched- they must be felt with the heart.
- Helen Keller
Favorite memory:
When my family and I used to live in Paris, France, we would walk to our neighborhood market. I was always sure to get a fresh baguettet and a bag full of candy.

Follow me on pinterest here: 
lisalovespics 
To see more photos from senior photographer Lisa McNiel, click Dallas-Photographer or follow a DFW-Senior-Photographer on Facebook.


Nothing like a great pair of ripped white jeans with a plaid cream and gray-green scarf, paired with fringed boots, a denim shirt and and army jacket.


Madison completely changed up her outfit by switching out Army green for a reddish-brown swingy jacket and a floppy boho hat.


We had to pin up this darling Navy dress for her tiny waist. The bright Kendra Scott earrings drew attention back to her eyes and smile.


I wish I could always cue the wind the way it picked up perfectly on her hair the day of these photos.



She quickly changed in the car to emerge in this cute wrap dress with tiny red flowers and cap sleeves. The leather wedgies work perfectly with it, but the cream beret is the absolute best part!


Her family used to live in France and Karen has a photo of her as a little girl in a white beret, so we had to get some to mirror childhood with this time we are celebrating the fact that she is leaving childhood behind in pictures.


If you have dark hair like Madison does, it's a good idea to get lighter colored earring. Dark earrings will disappear in your hair. I'm a child of the 80s, so I love me some big bright earrings.


This is the same shirt, jeans and boots as you'll see in other photos by the lake, but she completely changed up the look by pairing it with different jackets.


I'm usually not crazy about graduation cap pictures because I don't like what it normally does to the hairline, but this has to be my favorite one. The light, the books, the trees and depth of field, her expressions. It shows off the path it took to get here.


Madison wanted to include her faith in Christ in her Senior Pictures, so we took a few images with her Bible.


I have a photo of Madision's mom laughing with her older sister that shows the joy and beauty of them both. I can't believe how much these two look alike!


This red print sundress with the sweetheart neckline has pockets! I secretly believe that every article of clothing should have pockets. Even socks. FYI, pockets make posing easier.


Fall colors are hard to come by in the Dallas area, but we just happened to get some pretty reds and yellows for this photo session!


Here she is again, pairing a different bright red jacket with enormous buttons and switching the black floppy hat for the cream beret, and it's a totally different look!


And finally, this swingy, red, boho maxi with big blue flowers at sunset by the lake. She has so many different looks, keeping within the same color palliate and using clothes that she can switch around quickly.



No comments:

Post a Comment