Sunday, September 17, 2017

Senior Pictures for Young Men - Marcus High School - Flower Mound Texas


Zach is an Ultimate Frisbee player at Marcus high school, so I know him through my son, and state and national tournaments, but it's wonderful to be able to read the responses of his family to his Senior's images... It's such an important and transitionary time in life and pictures somehow make it all real. This is what Zach Hensel's sister wrote on his Facebook wall after seeing his photos...


"I see these pictures and think of how far you have come. I remember the days when you were the tag along and how Corin and I would always pick on you to toughen you up. You are the one I'm closest to. You never judge me on how I live my life and you are a great uncle to Parker. I can't explain how proud of you I am. You are truly the man that mom and dad has always dreamed for you to become. The world is at your finger tips. Conquer it. I love you." 

How to prepare for your Senior Picture Session for Guys:

1. Bring snacks and water - but especially water - for your son. I know it's mostly moms reading this because I'm a mother of sons and my boys would never think about it until an hour before the shoot! They will not think they need it. You won't think they need it. I want them to have it. It puts them in a good mood to be hydrated and a blood sugar boost about halfway through the session.

2. Put together a really dressy outfit. Buy a suit. He will need it for so many things this year. And when you have that wedding or funeral, he will be prepared. Get help from the stylists at the store. They are up-to-date on fit and style for young men. They also know that cool, funky, socks with a suit are in style now. 

3. All his other clothes should have a "slim fit" or better, "athletic cut," unless he is stockier. The clothes need to fit his body without being tight.

4. Shoes are important. They are important to the dressy AND the casual outfits. They need to not only match the style of his clothes, they need to be on the newer side. 

5. Socks are also important. They will show in various poses.

6. Bring props: a framed photo of him as a little boy, a letterman's jacket, a prop from a sport he plays, sheet music, an instrument, a jersey, a helmet, a globe if he wants to travel, comic books, anything you can think of. The only exception I can think of is gaming. I haven't thought of a good prop for gamers, but if you think of one, please contact me!

7. Please ask me to send you the Questionnaire and fill it out with your son. I find out things in it that can enhance your session with different ideas, and also it gives me something to talk to him about so that he feels more comfortable and relaxed with me and I get more genuine expressions.

8. Please let me know if you have a dog that could come for a few of the shots or can stay in the car for part of the session. Though they can eat up a little time, they make for genuine smiles. This also goes for girlfriends!

9. Please make sure the haircut is not too new. A week to two weeks before the shoot should be good depending on how fast his hair grows.

10. Don't pick at your skin. I can edit blemishes. Also, be sure you do not get a sunburn before the shoot. Red skin is very difficult to edit, and peeling skin, even more so, plus the nose always takes the brunt of it, so it looks crazy. 

I hope these were helpful. I'm booked up for 2017, but am currently booking sessions in 2018 for 2018 and 2019 seniors!


Follow me on pinterest here: lisalovespics 
To see more photos from senior photographer Lisa McNiel, click Dallas-Photographer or follow a DFW-Senior-Photographer on Facebook.









No comments:

Post a Comment